Wednesday, 13 January 2010

The Circle on the wall



There was a time, when time passed slow,
When supper was prompt,then straight to bed id go,

When id wake, id wake with such might,
laughter all around, with cheeky childish plight.

Id sense the brother move, then lie down and play dead,
this worked last time, when I played hide-n-seek in the shed.

The sound of a mini-stampede then echoed the stairs,
The TV remote, the priority, the one who lost was usually in tears.

Now the reel is fast forwarded, but the tears will stay,
It feels as though this day, was just yesterday.

Time moved on apace, and life is taking its course,
Nineteen years gone, with such captivating force.

There was a time, when the clock took a fair while,
Now it's like a speedometer, a minute by the mile.

The clock cries out to me, to not let it down,
I have a task of life in hand, the clock ticks without sound.

I think of many things, then think of the old social order,
The ones who'd distanced the clock, then had regrets when older.

Id count these ones as lucky,as time might have give them more to lend
I cry for the other, when the clocked stopped, and they came to a premature end.

I look back at the laughter earlier, then remember the job I have at heart,
Oh Almighty, protect us in your way, when we eventually Depart.

No comments: