When i turn on the television, i wish to turn away,
The picture they give of me false, this happens everyday.
When i open the daily paper, my hands tremble with pain ,
IF the words i read were wheat, truth in it wouldn't even be a single grain.
I hear many misconceptions, usually one after the next,
I hear many lies and fabrications, it's all out of context.
I want to tell you myself who i am and for what i stand,
How my way is of peace and brotherhood, hand in hand.
I am a muslim, and harm is not on my agenda,
i dont carry bombs, to me an innocent life is tender.
To me even my neighbour has his rights,
My help to the poor orphan has God in it's sights
To me my wealth isnt mine to spend,
It is God given for a greater wealth in the end.
To me Islam is to conquer the weakness in my soul,
and not give in to desire that takes me away from my goal.
When I turn on the television, I'll take note of what it states,
So that next time I see you, Ill be inspired to set it straight.
If you kill one , it's like you killed the whole community,
If you save one, it's like you saved humanity:
If such are the last prophets words, words that we take dearly,
You will be able to see what is Islam, and what isn't, so very clearly.
The Almighty presented a message, for guidance and salvation,
To help mankind towards the best destination.
Islam is a way of unity, yet there is argument and division amongst little debate,
Lets not lose the essence of being a muslim, To each and every soul we relate.
My way is of gratitude, To honour those young and in old age,
My way is of forgiveness, to alleviate the grudge and to expel the rage.
When you examine the way of the Quran, with an open mind and heart,
You will know why many others are choosing this path now, and right from the start.
When I turn on the television, It wont matter what has been said,
Because I've told you the truth now,and Ill make sure others are not Mislead.
1 comment:
HassanIsmael:
Brilliant. Well delivered!
Keep it up!
Post a Comment