Thursday, 7 January 2010

Youthful Misdirection


I open my eyes, and lift my head up straight
I look around me and see the young ones in lost cause,


I stand up straight and stand up tall,
The cause still seems lost to me,
God help me, God help us all

I walk around , then stop and glance
I notice the youth walking in a directionless trance

The compass in their lives, jagged and misdirected
The ones who paved their way,were the ones that affected
God help me, Gold help us all

I continue to walk, and see a door up ahead
The youth are not departing, but walking around instead

When the way out is simple, no rocket science
Why are the young ones in such helpless defiance?
God help me, God help us all

Then I notice the room is becoming colder and the light fading,
I pity the young ones and the woes their trading,

Soon the warmth will be gone, and the darkness will be here,
The young ones on the floor lifeless, god help me oh dear.

The cure was due well before the call,
The pendulum stopped swinging, and the hourglass will stall,
God help them, please help them for once and for all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, I love how deep this is..and so true.