Tuesday, 6 August 2013

"Signs"

Ahead looks the firefighter
as he sees the raging fire,
Below looks the teacher
to hear the sound
of the new school little crier;
Screwed on are the bolts
as the plumber
grapples the plier.
Sensation.
Thought.
The creator exists.
But why
oh why
 do the senses seem shy
for the athiest?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another exquisite addition to the existing profund collection. Short, sharp and thought provoking. I admire your passion for islamic political issues. Keep enlightening us with your imaginative works. Next time dont leave it so long before you write a new poem :p

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add, read my short poem under 'Barrel of blood' comments.

WOTW Blog Operator said...

JazakAllah Khair for your Comments of support. The poem was very poignant and supportive indeed. I will be writing more and more soon InshAllah.How is it that you are receiving my posts after 2-3 years in between posts?

:)

SM

Anon. said...

Wow, Alhumdulillah, it was so nice to visit your blog and see a new poem. Wonderfully written, on point and a source of reflection as always, Masha'Allah.

Having bookmarked this blog a few years ago and due to my love of poetry (written and spoken) I used to follow it regularly. Even when your blog was inactive I found myself frequenting it, many times just for some silent truth and reflection or inspiration or to put things into perspective. Your poems would always have meaning and a truth to them, which was refreshing and I'm grateful to you for writing & sharing them, JazakAllah and
In shaa Allah look forward to anything you may post going forward.

One more thing: Just wanted to share some amazing spoken word videos, which I recently came across by Brother Kamal Saleh and that you may appreciate/enjoy - would be interested to your thoughts on them. Also definitely worth checking out his channel/other videos if you haven't already come across them.

Weep for Syria:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcdmrxjRJiU&feature=c4-overview&list=UUxBR44IXdJY0gsfHcIDMQuQ

Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDqnRqTVtCo&list=UUxBR44IXdJY0gsfHcIDMQuQ

Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus | Muslim Version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNGqrzkFp_4

New Years Revolution (Find this one especially hardhitting and so powerful, it reminds me of a Dua'a.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3spupCsFG_w

Peace.

Wasalaam