Thursday, 4 November 2010

The Familiar Stranger




I am your shadow when you walk down the street,

I am your thoughts when you retire to sleep,

I am your energy when you lift up the dumbbell

I am your hunger when your stomach begins to rumble

I am your conscience when your heart and mind collides,

I am that portion in which the potential for love resides…

Many people describe me when they talk about you,

But they’ve never seen me, not even one or two…

You have known me, but we’ve never ever met,

I am the part of you, that which you don’t remember,

But you will never ever forget…

I run concurrently with the motion of the heart,

When it started beating I was there from the start..

I spoke to the lord before he sent me into the casing that surrounds me,

I speak to you, but without a sound, and if I did what would that sound be?

I am yourself in your true entirety, but I am hidden like a treasure,

If you seek the truth, I would be the key to heaven in great measure…

The truth is embedded in all my kind like a kind of binary code,

I must be solved in this life or like copper I am deemed to erode.

There are many of my type who haven’t cracked life’s puzzle,

The regret is an eternity coming; the heart for them a concealing muzzle.

I am the most known, and the biggest secret of all time,

I am that which you know, and which that you are yet to find..

I am your true identity in a temporary decision-making cover,

I will travel with you to your final destination,

The choice of venue is up to you and no other.

To conquer me is life’s ultimate and foremost goal,

In the worship of god, and the abstinence of evil,

I am within your confines, Indeed I am your soul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mashallah brother beautifull and epicly methaphoric! :-)