Saturday, 3 April 2010

Lost Ground


I was on the way up the stairs, but the fire below was shifting up a gear,
I had to get out of here, but I lost ground like the tortoise and the hare.

Just stopped right there and got engulfed in flames,
The most important motive of life and no one but me to blame.

My friend, I know you're thinking: why stop when you're on the way to salvation?
The chance is there, the time is there, yet the train passes you so easily in the station.

My friend I'm weak ! help me ! I keep drifting away !!
The motive is correct yet I'm lead down like sunset taking away the day.

My mind is filled with all the logic that can save me !and Im not even gifted !
Would you rather risk dying in the flames, or escape with a broken arm once the upstairs window is finally lifted?

The broken arm, the test of your life, will only hurt for a short while,
Compared to the burns that kill, avoid these and you will certainly not be in denial.

My God, I have lost ground, please help me be constantly at my best for your cause,
The prayers I miss, the things I do, time will not wait as there is no button in life for "pause".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Describes the struggle we as Muslims go through to try and become better in such a genius way.

Felt like ages since you last wrote, don't make me wait so long for the next one Saqib.