Saturday, 24 April 2010

For His Service Alone...





By the master of the worlds I was created,
In the vastness of creation I became minutely related,
In a world created with such dexterity, a dexterity with which the sun shone,
I was created for His service and only His service alone,
For His service alone


Breathed life into me from what was just a clot,
Protected me right from the cot,
Brought me up as a Muslim, and gave me all that I own,
I was brought here for his service, yes ! His service alone
For His service alone.

Gave me the knowledge and gave me the pen,
Blessed me with ease, and then blessed me again,
I need to write this for his cause, with mine and your faith to hone
I need to write for His service, Oh his service alone,
Yes ! for His service alone.

Made me part of an ummah and part of a plight,
Told me to spread a life of peace, and give suffering no sight !
For this I will strive, and we will see our Imaan greatly grown,
and we will strive for His mercy, for his mercy alone,
For His service alone.

Gave me a time, and this time I was preciously allocated,
whether its six or sixty, I pray that in paradise its ultimately celebrated,
For a deed as great as hajj, to giving salaam on the phone,
and we will die in His service, for His service alone,
Indeed his service alone.

I am a human being therefore riddled with imperfections !
So only as a brother to me may you point out due corrections !
Jealousy destroys brotherhood, like a body without a bone,
Believers will be mirrors of each other, for His service, Yes ! His service alone
Inshallah, for His service alone.

(Dedicated to my beautiful nephew, Adam, born a few hours before this poem was written)

5 comments:

Nabsie said...

omg saqiibbb that is wonderful! mashallah that touched me!! :D
really like the words and the message you have the subtlty and the strong message in such few lines... a genius piece of work... mashallah you have been gifted =D

halima khan said...

MashAllah vry nys

undefined said...

Beautiful, Masha'Allah

Anonymous said...

oh my days mashaallah your poems are all really appealing especially this one you should really try publishing them and inshallah you become successful:)btw i really am anonymous lol

Anonymous said...

this is a really beautiful poem, stood out from the rest. Im reading your blog backwards and I can see you have improved as a writer.
Keep it up brother!